Prayer Diary for June 2021
From Baptist Union Prayer Diary
- 'Together' - the 22nd Baptist World Congress starts this week online. Please pray for those participating, and plan to join the free Opening Celebration on Wednesday if you are able. (www.bwa2021.org
- Please pray for the Central Baptist Association as they seek to journey together in ministry and mission. The Association is made up of 150 churches in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Hertfordshire. (www.centralba.org.uk
- Baptist Colleges prepare women and men for pastoral and missional leadership: they train the next generation of accredited Baptist ministers and pioneers; they enable those wishing to specialise in chaplaincy, evangelism, counselling, pastoral supervision and children's youth and families; they provide a broad range of courses to enhance the skills of local church leaders; and they facilitate theological learning at every level from beginners' studies to doctorates. Please pray for the staff and students at our Baptist colleges as they adapt to our new environment. (www.baptist.org.uk/colleges
- This week, we pray for BMS World Mission, and for their new strategy and vision. Pray that God would be preparing paths for all those involved in implementing this, and that this new strategy will be pivotal in carrying out God's work. (www.bmsworldmission.org
From the BMS World Mission Prayer Diary
27th June-3rd July
- Uganda - In Uganda, BMS World Mission partners with the Ugandan Christian Lawyers Fraternity (UCLF) to access justice for vulnerable women and those with no financial means to defend themselves. We are also working with Justice Livelihoods Health (JLH), to support community development programmes with local Baptist Associations. All our mission workers are also active in local church ministries. Please pray for this work in Uganda.
- Global Baptist Family - NMS World Mission is part of the global Baptist family through the Baptist World Alliance (BWA) - a network of 241 conventions and unions, representing 47 million Baptists worldwide. Praise God that we can join with our Baptist brothers and sisters in prayer this week - not only in the UK but across the world.
- Church Planters - "So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers" (Acts 16:5)
This passage reminds us that through the church planting ministry of Paul and other disciples, churches were planted, strengthened and grew in their faith. Please pray for BMS-supported church planters in various countries, that they would emulate Paul's ministry.
- Most Marginalised - BMS World Mission seeks to reach marginalised people through ministries such as health, education, community development and disaster relief by working alongside local partners in some of the world's poorest countries. We also work with churches to enable communities to address local needs using empowerment and locally available assets. Please pray for this vital work.
- Peru We are excited to be expanding BMS World Mission's partnership with the Baptist Evangelical Convention of Peru (CEBP) beyond church leadership training, community social projects and environmental action. In 2020, CEBP established its first mission board for mission in Peru and beyond and have requested our co-operation in this. Please pray for this exciting new piece of work.
You can access the full BMS World Mission Prayer Diary here