Prayer Diary for September 2021
From Baptist Union Prayer Diary
- Today is Climate Sunday, when we are called to worship, commit and speak up about the climate crisis:
Glorious God, the whole of creation proclaims your marvellous work. Increase in us a capacity to wonder and delight in it, that heaven's praise may echo in our hearts and our lives be spent as good stewards of the earth. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
- Education Sunday offers us an opportunity to celebrate all that is good in education, to give thank for teachers and learners, educational leaders and support staff; to rejoice with those who succeed and provide reassurance for those who struggle.
This education Sunday we pray that, through God's power, all those who study or work in schools, colleges or universities, may flourish, and be open to knowing God's love as they are formed and re-formed. (Education Sunday
- This week the European Baptist Federation holds its annual Council meeting. Please pray for the President of the EBF, Meego Remmel, and the General Secretary< Tony Peck, as they seek to promote fellowship and encourage Baptists around Europe and the Middle East. (www.ebf.org
- Please pray for the Southern Counties Baptist Association. The 160 churches in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Dorset and Hampshire aim to work together in unity to encourage and resource one another.
From the BMS World Mission Prayer Diary
29th August - 4th September
- Bangladesh - In 2020, Bangladesh was hit by Cyclone Amphan. This 'one-in-20-year' flood was the fifth time in two decades the country had been hit. The fundamental a paradox and imbalance of climate change is that countries like Bangladesh, contributing little to the actual pollution that causes rising temperatures and flood waters, is among those worse affected.
5th - 11th September
- People on the move - Among some of the world-s most vulnerable people are those who have been forced to leave their homes because of war, environmental devastation and persecution. BMS World Mission is committed to supporting people on the move as they journey towards peace and opportunity.
12th - 18th September
- BMS Community - Our founder, William Carey, once likened the home support base for mission to people "holding the ropes" for those going down into a mine. This week we pray for those rope-holders: caring Christians who enable mission through prayer, giving, volunteering and advocacy.
19th - 25th September
- Guinea - In Guinea, BMS World Mission works with Swiss organisation SAM Global, who have a long and meaningful countrywide presence there. BMS has a small team in one town. We hope to grow and strengthen the team, and to help find new workers for the SAM Global programmes.
26th September - 2nd October
- Health - BMS World Mission seeks to provide healthcare to vulnerable communities who struggle against the burden of disease, malnutrition, infant and maternal mortality. Pray this week that our workers can be authentic Kingdom witnesses in these situations and display an appropriate Christlike response to suffering.
You can access the full BMS World Mission Prayer Diary here