Prayer Diary for April 2021
From Baptist Union Prayer Diary
- It is Easter and we celebrate hope.
If Christ has been raised, anything can happen and no good thing is impossible.
(Prayer for Easter Morning from Baptist Praise & Worship)
- Please pray for the Heart of England Baptist Association as they endeavour to stimulate and assist the region's Baptist churches for their God-given task of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ; and nurture values of companionship, generosity, diversity, learning and innovation. (https://www.baptist-heartofengland.org/
- This week we pray for the Ministries Team, who support all forms of recognised and accredited ministry amongst our churches, as well as providing guidance and advice on ministry-related matters. This has been particularly critical in this time of uncertainty and change. (www.baptist.org.uk/ministries
- Please pray for the work of our ecumenical instruments: Churches Together in England, Cytun (Churches Together in Wales) and Churches Together in Britain and Ireland as they encourage churches to seek a deepening of their communion with Christ and with one another, and to proclaim the Gospel together by communion witness and service. (https://www.baptist.org.uk/Groups/220635/Churches_Working_Together.aspx
From the BMS World Mission Prayer Diary
28th March-3rd April
- Nepal: Since the early 1980s, BMS World Mission workers in Nepal have sought to impact and influence education both at the international level, through our partner KISC (Kathmandu International Study Centre), and the national, among Nepali teachers with KISC EQUIP (Education Quality Improvement Programme). Please join us in praying for these important ministries.
- Least Evangelised: BMS World Mission is passionate about working with local evangelists who can present the gospel to their own people. Let us pray that the gospel will reach the unreached and that we will continue to empower local evangelists in sharing the Word of God.
- Mission Innovation Fund: Please pray this week for partners and projects supported through BMS World Mission's Mission Innovation Fund (MIF), and for the mission workers running the projects it supports. This fund enables short-term, pioneering mission initiatives to bring more people into contact with the gospel.
- Injustice: AS BMS World Mission works with marginalised people. It becomes necessary to address the causes as well as the consequences of poverty. These causes often have their own origin in gender inequality, or the suppression of religious beliefs and other civil freedom. BMS works actively in areas of advocacy to address the injustices that underpin marginalisation.
25th April-1st May
- Lebanon: Lebanon has faced many challenges over the last year, from the devastating explosion in Beirut last August to the ongoing refugee crisis and political instability. Please join us in prayer for the nation of Lebanon this week, that its people will experience God's love and blessings.
You can access the full BMS World Mission Prayer Diary here